Exteel Clan Mastercard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for the Exteel clan Mastercard.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» So, what do we do now?
Introduction. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:31 pm by Cerce

» Cerce still active - Talk to me if you are!
Introduction. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:25 pm by Cerce

» i want 2 join mastercard
Introduction. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:24 pm by Cerce

» MADE A CLAN - Join if u wanna
Introduction. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 12:38 pm by Cerce

» What Internet Browser do you use?
Introduction. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:12 am by Cerce

» Hello Exteel Clan members!
Introduction. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 3:48 am by calex

» forgot to tell
Introduction. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:58 pm by N1L8R

» more of me
Introduction. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:50 pm by N1L8R

» wanna say hi
Introduction. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:16 pm by N1L8R

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

Introduction.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ShadowMerc
Mastercard Standard
Mastercard Standard
ShadowMerc

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Introduction.   Introduction. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 5:28 pm

Hiho everyone,

I'm Henchman, one of the newer players and the lowest level in the clan. Exteel is my second Multiplayer Online game. First one I played was Dungeon Runners, another one of NC Soft's games. I have a level 70 character there plus a whole bunch of various alts.

I turned 17 eight days ago, so you could say I'm one of the youngest members as well. IRL, I'm not the most pleasant person to be around. I don't usually say much about myself, nor do I trust everyone. I keep a very tight circle of friends around myself in whom I have confidence. I tend to joke around a lot, but not so online, since my jokes don't sound all too well in English as they do in my native language.

If you've ever spoken to me in-game, I know I probably "sounded" confused and not very technologically inclined, which is true. I owe this to my lack of online gameplay experience, and the fact this is my first clan/guild thing I joined.

Oh, and all those abbrevations and criminally horrid spelling Exteel's community utilizes really leaves me confused

Anyway, I've always been an RPG kinda guy, because FPS/TPSs get pretty repetitive. I'm trying to improve here WITHOUT (ab)using OP weapons. Right now, I'm rebuilding my mech into sort of a shottie-cannon tank.

Hope I meet all of you in-game. Take care.

-Hench
Back to top Go down
Silvana
MasterCard Platinum
MasterCard Platinum
Silvana

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction.   Introduction. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 5:45 pm

ShadowBandito wrote:

Anyway, I've always been an RPG kinda guy, because FPS/TPSs get pretty repetitive

ROFL
I think it's the other way around.
RPGs turn into grindfests, while FPS/TPSs get mods and diff game modes.

Anyhow, welcome to the clan.
Back to top Go down
ShadowMerc
Mastercard Standard
Mastercard Standard
ShadowMerc

Introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction.   Introduction. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 5:51 pm

Lol, you misunderstood me. I wasn't talking about online gameplay. It's like playing Quake and NWN 2 or Arcanum. The FPS will turn into a mindless shooting fest after you've completed the game. In arcanum or NWN 2 I always find new ways to solve quests, build my character, turn evil or good (though evil endings are more epic) or simply unlock a hidden bonus.

Like the time when you become a demi god in Arcanum at the end of the game by performing a very complicated ritual of offerings that flows along the storyline. I did everything in that game, exploited many glitches and unlocked the endings...plus came up with all sorts of characters. Now that's definitely more content than an FPS, don't you agree?
Back to top Go down
Silvana
MasterCard Platinum
MasterCard Platinum
Silvana

Number of posts : 293

Introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction.   Introduction. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 6:01 pm

When you finish Quake there isn't anything else left. Therefore, there is none of this "mindless shooting fest" that you speak of.

Offline RPGs (such as Arcanum, Fable, or NWN 2) do have more content, that I'd give you. However, these games tend to be story-based. I mean, why play an OFFLINE RPG if the story is done?

FPS games are meant to be multiplayer, while RPGs imho, generally aren't.

Btw I like your Madness avatar

ALSO, why aren't you using the Henchman acc I activated for you?
Back to top Go down
ShadowMerc
Mastercard Standard
Mastercard Standard
ShadowMerc

Introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction.   Introduction. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 6:15 pm

I dunno. Says my account has been deleted. Password not working. Login name not working. Just recreated it into the Shadow Bandito.

Your point stands, but remember. This is my 2nd Multiplayer game. So I still prefer offline adventures. With storylines, hidden stuff and generally a lot of fantasy entities to kill.

Thnx. Madness is one heck of a series. Story's pretty stupid why I chose my IGN name; Henchman (one of the madness guys). Oh, and if you ever got bored and played Newgrounds Rumble you'd know the Henchman is an unlockable character. Drastically weaker than others, 3 hits are enough to bring him down and it takes you a millenia to kill a foe with him. Used it as practice and succeeded on OMFG with it hehe.

So you could say I like brawler based games as well.

Besides, the only story I see behind Exteel is the Ancient War between the Mighty Illiterate Titans of the Great Forums Beyond who sometimes appear in the Material Plane to compete and defend their egos. There are alotta normal, okay individuals like you guys, but I'm afraid you're overshadowed by the vast majority of cretins who play this game.

You get kicked for nothing, flamed for nothing and people swear and curse you when you kill them. In a PvP game. Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
kenpo
MasterCard Gold
MasterCard Gold
kenpo

Number of posts : 127

Introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction.   Introduction. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 12:28 am

Try the battlefield series they were not too repetitive. At least not like some of the other rts or mmorpgs.
Back to top Go down
ShadowMerc
Mastercard Standard
Mastercard Standard
ShadowMerc

Introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction.   Introduction. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:18 am

I actually considered that, but unfortunately I played one too many FPSs so I kinda lost the interest. Last one I played was Star Wars: Battlefront. Good graphics, excellent units and amazing vehicles.

Besides, isn't Battlefield themed upon WW II? Played too much Medal of Honor as well...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction.   Introduction. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduction.
Page 1 of 1